How to get a free boiler for pensioners
Who is eligible for a free boiler?
If your older relative owns their own home or is a private tenant, they will be eligible for a free replacement boiler, if they are also either:
- A pensioner receiving State Pension Credits
- Over 60 receiving Working Tax Credits
- You do not currently have a condensing boiler, or is over ten years old or is no longer working and are receiving one of the above benefits
What are government free boiler grants?
- These are available in the UK as part of the Energy Companies Obligation (ECO) replacement boiler grant scheme and is funded by the big six energy companies: British Gas, Scottish Power, Npower, EDF, SSE and E.ON
- New boilers will be a Grade A condensing boiler.
What are the advantages of the boiler grant scheme?
- Saves thousands of rounds on a new bolier
- A new ECO friendly boiler will help you to reduce your heating bills by hundreds of pounds a year
- Helps older people heat their homes more cost effectively
- Installation is free
You can apply for a boiler grant HERE.
Once you have submitted your details, you will be contacted a few days. A qualified Home Energy Assessor will visit and will carry out a survey and arrange an installation date.