Home Forum Health Medical My mum is having trouble reading

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  michaelharris259 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

deborah
    Keymaster

My mum loves to read, but she is struggling more and more. She has tried using a magnifying glass and better glasses, but she stills can’t see that well. can anyone suggest anything else, as it’s a great hobby for her and it’s making her miserable

Nikki
    Participant

Hi there,

How miserable for her. Only suggestsions I can offer are:
    Has she had her eyes checked out to ensure there’s nothing else going on so that any deterioration can be slowed down?
    A lot of books and newspapers now come in big print that can really help.
    RNIB have a big print book and magazine section and loan our books that are delivered to your door – check out their website.
    Failing which, talking books and newspaper are commonly available but .. I know, not the same!
    Good luck

What about getting her a Kindle. I knew someone who could only read with a large magnify glass, but when he got a kindle and put it on the highest font he could read it clearly. He started devouring books again. Many classics are free as well

michaelharris259
    Participant

21st century is the era of technology. Use Text to speech technology via ipad this might be helpful.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Shop Online - view all

Boots Opticians (Eye test voucher CPL)

Boots offer you a free eye test.

Find out more

Fresh Start

Get a good night’s sleep with Fresh Start adjustable beds.

Find out more

Glasses Direct

Glasses Direct is the leading online retailer of prescription glasses based in the UK. Buy now!

Find out more